This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after your time with Encore DanceAcademy, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any subsequent relevant data protection legislation. It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
We will comply with data protection law, which says that the personal information we hold about you and your children must be:
1. Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
2. Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with thosepurposes.
3. Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
4. Accurate and kept up to date.
5. Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
The kind of information we hold about you may be personal data, or personal information such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, date of birth, gender, next of kin, emergency contact information and photographs (providing you have given express consent). We may also collect more sensitive personal information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records if it is relevant.
We would also make you aware of the following which is relevant to the processing and storage of any data by Encore Dance Academy:
- Consent for use of Information – you are entitled to withhold personal information from Encore Dance Academy however if you fail to provide certain information when requested, you or your child may not be able to continue within Encore Dance Academy as we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of our workers).
- Change of purpose – We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- Data Sharing – we will not share your data with third parties or transfer your personal information outside the EU.
- Data security – We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We limit access to your personal information to those employees of Encore Dance Academy only. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Data Retention – We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes.